viernes, 19 de octubre de 2012

First teaching practicum with Intermediate English I

My first class with this group went pretty well even though I was kind of nervous because it is a new group for me and I don´t know them so well. 
I began the class some minutes later because just few students had arrived to the classroom. 
As a warm up I used a bingo which was about stative verbs ( stative and dynamic verbs was the topic I was to teach) all the students enjoyed the game and at the same time it helped me to introduce the new topic. After that, to formally introduce the topic I used a short paragraph which they had to read and underline the mistakes; the mistakes were some stative verbs written in the progressive form, and I got surprised because they immdiately identified them. As a follow up activity, we corrected the mistakes. Later, I gave the grammar explanation; luckly, this time doing this part wasn´t that difficult. Then, I had them doing a written practice which they developed properly. Furthermore, I had them doing a miming activity; in order to do this activity I ask some students to mimic and make gestures regarding a verb, and the rest of the students had to raise their hand and tell me if it was dynamic or stative and a sentence using such verb. If they did it accurately, I was supposed to give them a point. During this activity I could verify that the students actually grasped the new topic because they participated properly saying if the verb was stative or dynamic and using it in a correct sentence as well.  
As a wrap up, I had the students working on a exercise from the book. 
As I said before this class went allright, and I hope the coming classes turn out great as well. 

3 comentarios:

  1. Congrats on your practice. You clearly had many interesting activities prepared. There was fun and variety for their learning, very positive qualities.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. congrats!!!!!! colleague. It seems that you did really great on this class. Very nice activities that ones you developed. keep on working hard

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I liked the activities you developed; also, I liked the fact that you vary the class and that like to the students. Well done teacher Lily!!!

    ResponderEliminar