jueves, 19 de julio de 2012

TEACHING PRACTICUM II first entry

This morning I had the first teaching practicum with Intermediate English I. First of all, I would like to say that teaching English is such a great experience and I already learned to like it and enjoy it. 
Today was the first time in which I felt comfortable and relaxed before teaching my class although I was worried because the group is very large and kind of difficult to handle. 
I began my class with a very nice warm up, but unfortunately there were just few students, and it was kind of hard to explain each student that was coming in what they were supposed to do, but at the end they were speaking and the teacher told me during the feedback that she had liked the it because I had them speaking a lot.
I was requiered to teach the present continuous tense, it was an easy topic, so I introduced it with a short reading, luckly everything went well. After that, I gave the grammar explanation and I had them doing some written practice with the tense I had just explained; I checked their answers and they did it well. To finish the class, I had them doing work group in which I gave them some pictures, and they were requiered to write a short paragraph about what they saw the people were doing in the image; at the end they had to present the picture and share the paragraph with the rest of the class. 
During the feedback the teacher told me that I did well and that all the activities matched with my objective; she liked that I had them speaking and participating a lot. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario