viernes, 21 de septiembre de 2012

THIRD CLASS ADVANCED ENGLISH I

My third practice with this group went alright. Again, I tried to be prepared as much as I could, so I was more relaxed and comfortable before beginning the class. Another teacher, whom I didn´t know at all, was going to be checking my work, which got me a little bit nervous, but then I forgot about it.
My tutor teacher asked me to prepare activities related to the previous topic I taught in the previous class, so it wasn´t that hard. 
As warm up, I used the commonly known activity "Find Some Who...". In this activity students had the chance to practice the Present Perfect Tense, simple and progressive, in the oral form. I think they enjoyed it because they were speaking a lot and using the target structure a lot. 
After that, I had them doing a fill in the gaps exercise; it was also related to the Present Perfect. 
I also had prepared a reading comprehension which was about being a vegetarianism. I asked them to work in groups where they were going to read and then to disscuss some questions. After that I was going to ask them to prepare some presentations about the topic they were reading, but unfortunately time wasn´t enough; they took more time than what I had estimated to work on the reading.
During the feedback session, the teacher told me some techniques to handle such a large class because I´m still having trouble in managing them. There are too many students and it is kind of hard to have them all quiet. 

3 comentarios:

  1. You have been doing great my dear!! It seems to me that what you did in the class was great. I know you have been working hard cuz I have seen you!!thanks God you did great.. to manage a big group will always be kind of hard and we as teacher s will always be learning, so when others tell us techniques on what to do, there is something we can take advantage of..

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really enjoyed reading what you did in your class, the activities you presented are really nice, in the other hand,we all know that large groups are very difficult to handle but I hope the techniques the teacher gave to you help you to manage your estudents next class.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. LET ME CONGRATULATE YOU AS YOU PERFECTLY COULD MANAGE NERVOUSNESS. IT IS SOMETHING WITH WHICH WE ALL HAVE TO FIGHT BECAUSE IT DESTROY ALL THE GOOD THINGS/ACTIVITIES WE HAVE PLANNED TO DO

    ResponderEliminar