martes, 17 de abril de 2012

THIRD TEACHING PRACTICUM IN ADVANCED

Yesterday I taught the third class in advanced; basically, everything was alright. 

I began the class late because the techer hadn´t arrived to the classroom. I began without her being there because it was too late already, and I thought that was going to be a problem in my grade outcome, but fortunately it did not affect me at all since during the feedback, the teacher told me that she had liked that. 
During the grammar explanation some of the students were talking and laughing, but I managed to keep explaning without getting desperate and getting them back focused. In general, all the activities were ok since with advanced levels we´ve got to have them speaking a lot, but being careful because they may lose focuse on working in their job and could begin speaking about other matters.
I had some trouble with some exercises because they were too confusing, but anyway they solved them. 

My tutor teacher praised my positive attitude towards teaching the class and she liked it, and I must say that it is something I feel really proud about; honestly, that is a big achievement for me because in spite of the fact that teaching is not my thing, I´m doing it fairly well.

I´m giving my best to improve my teaching skills, so I hope everything turns out alright at the end of this course.

1 comentario:

  1. It is good to read those comments from you Lily. It is very important to remain calm in those situations because your attitude says a lot about you. Sometimes we tell students to pay attention without opening our mouth.
    Congratulatios Lily.

    ResponderEliminar