sábado, 25 de febrero de 2012

My 3rd teaching practicum

I definitely felt more confident and calm in my 3rd teaching practicum although at the beginning I thought everything would go wrong since that day there was a catholic event exactly at the moment that my class would start and almost all the students were there; I just had three students, and I had prepared a warm up for all the group together (30 or 31 students), so I was kind of sad and worried that my warm up wouldn´t work. Anyways I began to develop it, and while the few students were doing it, the others were getting in the classroom. Even though it wasn´t as I would´ve wanted, the students developed it correctly and I got them remember the topic studied previously, and I could notice that they liked it. 

Luckly, my class was to be developed just by checking some exercises(homework) in their handouts. I used different strategies to check and correct mistakes having them involved so that they wouldn´t get bored; besides, I had them practicing their pronunciation. 
After this experience I can say that just checking exercises or homework is not as easy as it seems; we must check and be aware that every single students is doing it corectly, and if not, we must be showing and explaining the correct way to do it which sometimes could be exhausting.

3 comentarios:

  1. It is true what you say about checking homework, and it can also be time consuming. I'm happy to read you did well, and better than prior classes, nice.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Congrats Lily because even though you were to check onle homeworks, you did it in different ways in order to involve all students which is nice because in that way they do not get bored...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I am glad to read you had a great experience Lily and what you said is true, it is not easy to check students's homework because you have to check if students have done what they were asked, you have to check grammar, you have to check spelling and sometimes you have to explain again to some students who have not finished.

    ResponderEliminar