sábado, 18 de febrero de 2012

Second teaching practice in Basic English

I guess my second class went a lot better. I tried to follow all the suggestions my tutor gave me in the previous feedback, and they helped me a lot. Everybody participated in the warm up since I gave clearer directions (I provide an example on what they were to do written on the board); I was satisfied because I had them writing and speaking and they seemed they enjoyed doing the activity. Regarding with the speed I did the activities the previous class, this second time I took it into consideration so I was doing each activity more camly. It helped me to realize that the class flows more naturally if I do so. I think I did well teaching the grammar explanation since I involved them a lot during I was explaining avoiding to get them bored; after that I did a short exercise to check if everybody had understood, and most of them did well.
I guess with more practice I will assume my rol and believe in myself that I´m a teacher.

5 comentarios:

  1. I'm glad that you felt a notable difference in your class, for better results. As you mentioned, doing activities while being calm (not nervous) helps with effectiveness and even confidence, so that's good news.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You see Lily!!!!!!!!!!!! I glad to hear that you have done well this time.... so congrats!!!! something you have said is true. To get students involved in the grammar part is important, so that they do not get bored.. I did it too, and it was great because they did understand what I was to explain.

    Keep on working hard my friend!!!!! and you will see better results at the end

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I am glad to hear that and I see this teaching practice as a great opportunity to deal with unexpected situations and in that way we learn a lot. Taking into account the tutor's feedback is very useful because they can see that you really want to learn. I hope we all to have great experiences in the comming practices and enjoy them

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Great Lily! I`m glad to know things are going better for you. As you mentioned it is better when things go naturally the class flows better.I`m pretty sure that with one or two more classes you will be able to feel as what you are,a real teacher. Good luck for mext class.

    ResponderEliminar