miércoles, 29 de febrero de 2012

FOURTH TEACHING PRACTICE IN BASIC ENGLISH

Today I taught my fourth and last class in Basic English. I had to teach grammar of the simple present tense; although it was basically a review, I had a hard time because teaching  grammar is what I like to do the less since I feel as if nobody understands me. I felt nervous and I guess it was noticeable; it is so frustrating not to being able to control nervousness yet.

The warm up went wrong because it was a survey that the students had to answer according to their tastes and believes, but I didn´t clearly know what to do after they answered.

I´ve learned a lot through these first practices, and I´ve tried  to follow the advices given on the feedback; hopefully with time, I´ll do it better.

4 comentarios:

  1. It's swell that you feel as though it's been a rich process... hopefully Alex will provide some advice for surveys and you do better on the next level.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. well lily you gotta keep on working hard. With surveys I think you can ask them to campare their results and have a kindof discussion. and for sure with time, we can improve and do better.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Do not get frustrated my friend! I know it is hard to control nervousness and overcome our fears.But you will see that at the end of this term you will be an expert. I believe in you!!! :D

    When you are carrying out an activity or warm up do not forget to ask the students to share with the class what they have done. It helps you to check if they have worked and also you have them participate and develop their speaking skills. When you get stuck and you don't know what to do do you have to improvise and invent anything but students should not notice it! :) keep on working!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I was reading this entry, and I compared it with the ones you do after some classes. I am really happy because you have learned a lot. Congratulations teacher

    ResponderEliminar