jueves, 9 de febrero de 2012

My first teaching class experience

Yesterday, I did my first teaching practicum in Basic English. Unfortunately, many things went wrong; I wasn´t nervous, but since it was my first time and I don´t have experience at all, I forgot to do some things. First of all, I didn´t write the date and the objective for the class I was going to teach, and I made a mistake when doing the presentation. It was a reading and I forgot to do the pre-activity; in other words, I ran too much when I was doing the activities. I definitely got an important lesson which I´m very sure I won´t forget; not even in all my years of studying how to teach English I´d have learned what I learned yesterday, so I´m positive and sure that it will help me to do better my next classes.

6 comentarios:

  1. Sorry to read it didn't go that well. I'm sure you'll do better later. You should ask for advice from the most experienced working teachers we have as classmates. It's good that you consider positive aspect.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Now do not worry because we all have bad experiences in our teaching process. sometimes teachers who have many years of experience make many mistakes and now we are just learning, and this practic is for us to improve.it is better to have those experiences during this practice than in your own work in caseyou think about being a teacher

    ResponderEliminar
  3. sorry my friend. what I like is your attitude toward what you have said was wrong. To have that attitude is very important because you are able to take advantages on what you do. You will see, you will do better next classes.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Such nice and encouraging comments. Thank you guys, I really appreciate them a lot; what Xavy says is so true: even experienced teachers make mistakes, so now I´m motivated to do it better next time.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I am glad to know that this experience has been useful for you to have a better attitude about teaching. I know you are able to improve your classes and even go beyond your tutor´s expectations. Don´t worry, the first class does not demonstrate what you are going to do in the future.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Well, your classmates are right. You are learning and I am pretty sure you will do much better next time. You need to have a positive attitude and be open for the suggestions of the teachers and colleagues.

    ResponderEliminar