lunes, 21 de mayo de 2012

THIRD TEACHING PRACTICUM INTERMEDIATE II

The third class with intermediate was kind of well although I was nervous because I had someone record my class. There was some trouble with the camara since it was meant to record 40 minutes, but in the moment it just recorded like 20 minutes.

I began the class with a nice warm up that my collegue Lupita shared with me; it is a really good one and it worked perfectly for my class.
The class was to be pretty challenging because of the grammar structure I was to teach and the students didn´t know anything about it. It was defining realtive clauses, so I introduced the topic with a reading from the book. After that, I gave the grammar explanation, then I had some volunteers to provide some examples to check if they had understood, and fortunately they did because they gave some correct examples. Later, I gave them some written exercises for they to practice more on the new topic, and I had some other activities prepared, but time wasn´t enough to continue.

This time I didn´t see my grade, but whichever it is, I´m satisfied with what I achieved and learned with this practice.

4 comentarios:

  1. Nice to read you feel satisfied, you must have done pretty well. It's happened to all of us, time is not enough for everything we try to cram into 50 minutes. I hope you continue getting this kind of results.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hehe You´re welcome collegue. And yes, that is a good activity to check vocabulary.- I am glad to know that you did well. We are waiting to see your video!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It's great dear Lily. I think that you're loving this area "teaching" jiji, and as you said the most important is the satisfaction that comes to our heart when we have done our best. I think that money and grades cannot pay that, but still good grades comfort our souls. jiji. Congratulations

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thank you so much for all your positive comments!

    ResponderEliminar